Friday, July 27, 2007

The Doors in Our Lives

This is supposed to be a mid-week thing. Since landing in Hong Kong last Tuesday afternoon, I spent the days talking my throat dry during training, which didn't do justice to my throat which already feels like a sandpaper. At night, I hit the bed early in attempt to rid off the flu bug.

I got this musing as I was pushing the door open into the gentlemen's washroom in the office, with stuffed up nose and watery eyes. Yes, God is very opportune when choosing the time to inspire me...

I'm sure we're all very familiar with the expression "open doors" in our prayers. We pray for open doors in our vocation, for evangelising etc. I reckon different doors are presented to us during our walk with God on earth. I would sum it up this way :

1) Open doorway - The door leaf is flung open, inviting us to just walk right through. This represents a firm confirmation from God, and all we got to do is just walk right through.

2) Closed and unlocked doors - Just a little effort to turn the knob, and we're on our way.

3) Closed and locked doors - Doors are locked either temporarily or permanently. A temporary locked door means that the timing is not right. God uses temporarily locked doors to develop a long-suffering character in us and teach us how to wait upon Him. A permanently locked door is also an answer - the answer is NO.

4) Brick wall with a mirage of an open doorway - Need I say more?? Only a fool will only see what he/she wants to see with disregard for the actual truth. It sure puts the expression "hitting the wall" (or "long phiak" for Hokkiens) into perspective! I have walked, briskly, into glass walls a few times in the past. The pain and embarassment is quite humiliating.

(To my defence, I suspect that each of those glass walls I walked into are treated with some anti-reflective coatings.....ok ok...you're probably laughing too hard now to listen to what I have to say. Go ahead, laugh at my expense...)

While the rest of my CG members are having a good time fellowshipping at David Leong's residence tonight, I am determined not to miss out. I shall engage some form of fellowship between the Holy Trinity and this broken trinity (me, myself and I). And since I will be spending the weekend in sunny Hong Kong, I shall come up with a list of things to entertain myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home