Monday, November 07, 2005

The Void Only God Can Fill

I've received some feedbacks about my past 2 writings, so I thought this week I approach it in a different manner by sharing my experience. Throughout last week, the theme which constantly resonates in my head was about "The Void". In the book Purpose driven Life written by Rick Warren, he has rightly structured his book to begin with the purpose to worship. In my own words, I would say that worship is a complete surrender of the totality of my life to God, being fully immersed with His Grace and aboundingly thankful for His Salvation. It is a feeling which I would describe as a fierce outpouring sensation from within, a warmth in my heart and a pleasant numbing of my mind.

God has created us with a pocket of void in our lives designed only to only fit Him. In recent weeks, I concluded by experience that no amount of any other pursuits of this world, material or immaterial, even for the cause of good, can ever fulfill that pocket of void except God. The Lord has been a good teacher and although I am not always a fan on how some of the lessons are delivered, He does get the point across well enough :

Through growing with the Lord and much prayer, I have seen His gracious hands at work in my life bringing me from the land of not-enough, to the land of just-enough, and to the land of more-than-enough. Although I am still no Donald Trump today, the setting was right for Him to make the lesson clear. When everything seems to be going all too well for me, He disappears! (For those in FGA, interestingly it co-incided with the PDL programme). The novelty faded away all too rapidly, and I was left feeling so void, lonely, aggitated and even a little depressed. That was intentional by God, giving me a full-blown real-life preview of Solomon's book of Ecclesiates.

There are also areas where I don't to have much joy handling it. I do struggle with feelings of anger, bitterness, sorrow and even revengeful vendetas. There were endless prayer hours petitioning for God's answer. When it was about to be seemingly answered, it was snatched violently away from me. I make no reservations saying that I had a hard time getting hold of God's comfort, even though I know He does that in 2Cor 1:4. Nevertheless, there were also a few items which God has impressed upon me to do which demands obedience. By faith, I started to heed His callings, and what follows can be described as the most abounding joy I have ever experienced. I don't pretend that I no longer struggle, because I still do. The difference now is that as I grow more abidingly in Him, His Spirit abides in me more, I am fulfilled no matter how inadequate I am. Simply fantastic.

Out of the 2 very contrasting experience, no matter how well or how bad the situation may be, there will definitely be voids in our lives because we as humans are hardwired by God into our DNA to seek Him. Hence, the void can only be filled by Him. Without Him, we will continue to loop around infinitely, which can render our life unstable.

I leave you with 2 points to ponder :
· Principally, love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your mind. Hence, if we proclaim that, no matter what the situation, better or lesser, we should first seek His Kingdom and all His Righteousness (Matt 6:33). I am not even attempting to finish the verse, cause we are all too often enticed by it, thus losing sight of God.
· Practically, do a spiritual health check and gauge how you stand before God. Start by surrendering your all to God and live out in obedience to His Word. Tip of the day - Be grounded in the bible. Bonus tip - Start serving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home