Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sowing into people's lives

Coming down to Singapore, I recently had a chance to meet an old friend and former course mate of mine during university. We had not been keeping in touch since he left for flying school 2+ years ago. He is now back in Singapore with SIA and will have his maiden flight to South Korea. Upon knowing that I will be in Singapore, one of the things we quickly did was to meet and catch-up.

We were amusing ourselves in reminiscing our university days. But more importantly, we are able to look back in awe of God's faithfulness in our lives. There is one point in our conversation where I mentioned that whatever he sees in me today is a reaping of what he had sown from the first time we met. I couldn't agree more with what Pastor Stuart said - people and relationships matter. No matter how good an evangelistic event, people will ultimately response because of the "you" factor - they know you well and seen the difference in you. During the early days of my faith, I had some not-so-good runs with a church that I was attending, which makes me less receptive to invitation to church events. I have always maintained that evangelism is not a sales pitch for Christ. I met this brother during Numerical Methods course in my 2nd year of uni. He strikes me as a person who is genuine with his friendship. Some of you may already know that I thoroughly dislike pretentious and hypocritical people, particularly those who some one thing and meant/acted the other way. I appreciate his honesty with some of his struggles, and deep down I know he loves God oh so very much. And in the earlier days, I also discovered something profound in him was his non-judgemental attitude towards me when I was cynical about a few issues in my life. All he did was just look into me and nodded his head. Not a word of refute. It was incredible...I can't do that myself, if I were him, I would have probably shot that person down.

The point that I am arriving to is this : never underestimate how God can exponentially increase the harvest of the small gestures of kindness you've sown in someone's life. It is by far one of the richest experience one can ever have. Today, I am who I am in Christ because one brother extended his friendship to me. Of course, along the way, I also cross path with other very good people whom I owe much of who I am today. How simple it can start. People and relationship matter - start sowing in someone's life today. People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. God is faithful and will honour you with harvest according to the measure of faith you sow.

Captain Lee, cheers to you and God bless you aboundingly! God is so good.

2 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dear, are you genuinely vіsiting thiѕ webѕite dаіly, if so afterward you will without doubt obtaіn pleasant knοω-how.


Alsο νisit my page; article submitter program

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ӏ like the νaluable info yоu proνiԁe in your аrtіcles.
Ι ωill booκmark your blog and checκ
аgain hеre гegularlу. I'm quite certain I will learn a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

My website :: Pure leverage webinar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home