Sunday, November 26, 2006

Every Minute Prayer

One of the common question I get is whether I feel lethargic due to frequent travelling. I know where this question is coming at : the perils of coping with different time zones and in transit movement to and fro airports come to mind. My usual answer is no. There could be 3 reasons to it : 1) Probably it is because I just started travelling frequently since 6 weeks ago. I guess it is still too soon to comment. 2) I don't fly across different time zone, so that helps a lot. 3) I've discovered how time-efficient those "in-between" transit times can be. I usually use transit time in taxis, MTRs, MRTs, airport lounges etc. to do simple task that could be accomplished with small amount of time which I call "quick wins". I make a work and personal to-do list, jot down thoughts and inspiration, read a book or pray.


And speaking about praying, the amount of my time spent in short prayers, especially when I'm in taxis or rail transits, has significantly increased compared to the times when I was working locally in KL. I find short frequent and specific prayers throughout the day sustains me better than the usual good-morning-Lord and only-before-bed prayers. The more I think about this, the more I feel that it is necessary to keep God close to me, and me to God every moment of the day. Think about it this way : the world is in a mess. We are bombarded with tonnes of information every second. We are also required to make decisions throughout the day. It really puts the narrow gates that Jesus talks about in Matthew 6:13-14. Only by His mercy and grace that we are able to walk in His will. The answer lies in 2 Chronicles 16:9, which says, For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthn those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. God is the every-minute CEO of my life, and I need to be accountable to Him every step of the way.


Think about those times when you find yourself bored and idling. It is true that an idle mind is the devil's playground. But it is also true that it is an opportunity to establish a conversation heavenward. Chat up with God today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home