Thursday, December 21, 2006

Conquering 2006 for Christ : Look back

I've wrote "Conquering 2006 for Christ" in Week 1 of January 2006. I must admit I don't really refer back to my archives as much. Given that 2006 is coming to a close very soon, it's probably worthwhile looking back at this piece of article, asking ourselves :

  • How have I grown in the Lord?
  • Did I grow into a deeper relationship with Christ?
  • Could I look back at 2006 and praise God, IN SPITE OF some difficulties that I may have encountered?
  • Have I been conscientiously committing my thoughts and actions to the Lord?
  • How have I edify the lives of the people around me?
  • Was I being obedient to God?


Some of us has definitely made wonderful strides as far as you and God are concerned. It makes a remarkable testimony to demonstrate to people about God's grace and power in our lives.

Maybe for some of us, our walk with God isn't all too peachy, so much so that we dread answering those questions. Let me say that the above is not a report-card like assessment where God stands at a distant with a whip waiting to judge us. He is more faithful than us...there is nothing more or nothing less that we could do to make Him love us. He loves us anyway.

Regardless whether 2006 was good or not-so-good, we all have a race that is yet to be finished. It is a race that we need to press on and ensure that we finish it. 2007 will just be again another strip of the our earthly time fabric. We press on and on...and one day we exchange our cross for a crown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home