Monday, January 23, 2006

Quotes from Christian Literature

The weekend seems to whiz by so quickly. I was running here and there, and attend church, have a couple of meals with a few people, recuperated by sleeping, did some work and it's already 2318 hrs Sunday night 22-Jan-2006 already. I was deeply impressed to write on something, however, I lacked sufficient time his weekend. I apologize that I couldn't turn it around quickly enough this weekend, as I don't want it to be a rush job. So I'll save that for next week.


As for this week, I like to share with you excellent quotes from some of the books I am currently reading up. Enjoy :

Disunity never takes place because of disagreement. It is because we go beyond disagreement to critisism and judgement.

- Floyd McClung, The Father Heart of God


Be careful: self-pity can be a counterfeit of real repentence

- Floyd McClung, The Father Heart of God


Faith has not begun until we believe God for the impossible

- Floyd McClung, The Father Heart of God


The secret of spiritual success is not just in acquiring individual knowledge--it's in combining that knowledge with love in all our relationships.

- Mart De Haan


God loathes idolatory (which hurts him) and immorality (which hurts those he made)

- David Pawson, Unlocking the Bible Omnibus


If you have the idea that your job is simply a means to the greater end of evangelism, then you have devised a peculiar understanding or work, a view not found in the New Testament.

- Doug Sherman, Your Work Matters to God

Wisdom is the power to see, and the inclination to choose, the best and highest goal, together with the surest means of obtaining it

- Dr. J.I. Packer


When I run, I feel God's pleasure

-Eric Liddell, Scottish Olympic runner in the 1930's.


God did not call us to work the majority of our lives just to survive, earning a paycheck and existing from weekend to weekend. God created each person for specific reasons, taskes and purposes and He equiped each one of us with the perfect combination of talents, skills and abilities required to find fulfillment for our lives.

- Larry Julian, God is My CEO


God's wisdom, your spiritual core, provides your source of strength, purpose and direction and balances and leverages your skills and abilities. Your character is the aggregate sum of who you are as you couragrously follow through and do what is right over time. Your productivity is the legacy you leave behind.

- Larry Julian, God is My CEO


Don't confuse the acts of God with the facts of life. The acts of God can redeem the facts of life

- Robert H. Schuller, Life Is Not Fair But God is Good


For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of loive and of self-discipline.

- 2 Timothy 1:7


In all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

- Romans 8:28


You could more a less put forth a reasonably accurate educated guestimate of what I have been reading la. ;)

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger CheaYee said...

yes.....we will post comments on your blog ler...

yes...

oh btw...you are famous on my blog now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home